This year we went to Nassau (The Bahamas) to the CABSEC 2015 sharing experiences with chiefs of defence, law-enforcement officers, and diplomatic personnel to discuss the provision of maritime security in the region. The key topics of this year were:
– Combating transnational organised criminal networks
– Promoting the Treaty of San Jose
– Supporting the CARICOM Crime and Security Strategy
– Facilitating regional and hemispheric security cooperation
– Interdiction of narcotics flowing through the region
– Protecting national Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZ)
– Collective approaches to cyber security
– Enhancing regional training and security cooperation
– Sharing lessons learned in the establishment and modernization of Coast Guard forces.
Joaquín Minguito (Tecnam Aviation´s Business Development Manager) explained in his speech the operational results of the missions performed by the Tecnam MRI in the last two years: Indalo Operation, Perseus Project and the next operations we will be involved in.